Available on either the 24th, 25th, 26th or 27th March 2020
From 11am until 4pm – £130 per person (maximum 4 per class)
Come and enjoy a day-long occasion of vegan cooking and tuition with Chef Marcus of Milan, Italy – our friend and guest chef at the rising star of Essex Italian dining ‘Il Salice’ restaurant in the picturesque historic village of Cressing. We are set in a cosy, carefully restored 500 year old Inn complete with beams and fireplaces as you’d expect. Despite the rural location we are quite accessible being on the outskirts of the market town of Braintree.
Chef Marcus is a renowned Italian chef specialising in Vegan and vegetarian Italian cuisine and is famous for helping restaurants all over Italy create Vegan cuisine to suit the demands of modern diners.
Whether you’re an accomplished vegan, an enthusiastic novice or hadn’t even considered that Italian cuisine could be made to be vegan before, this specially adapted Italian cookery class for vegans is a great repertoire expander. A carefully chosen menu of Italian-inspired vegan dishes will introduce you to new ingredients and techniques with fresh Mediterranean flavours.
Expect to roll up your sleeves to cook, learn some knife skills and eat the results in a fun and social setting with the accompaniment of carefully selected wines. Each participant will receive a document with the ingredients of each recipe where you can add personal notes.
Please be aware that anytime can come an unexpected surprise!
Day 1 (24th): Healthy, Vegan, Tasty
– Joyful Salad (mixed salad with legumes and seeds)
– Risotto (can be mushroom or pumpkin based on brown rice)
– Celery Soup: how to make a spectacular soup by using only vegetables without using glutamate broth
– Coffee & Almond Cake: how to prepare an unforgettable sweet from chickpeas, whole flour and without artificial aroma
Day 2 (25th): Classical Italian (vegetarian)
– Focaccia from Genoa: how to prepare the real delicious focaccia
– Gnocchi with Cheese (made from potatoes or pumpkin)
– Parmigiana di Melanzane (based on eggplant, tomato and parmesan cheese)
– Orange or Strawberry Semifreddo
Day 3 (26th): Specials
– Farinata: an exquisite salty pie made with chickpea flour, typical from Liguria
– Pesto with Pasta: how to prepare the original one and how to make an interesting vegan version
– Branzino with Rosemary and Potatoes
– Hazelnut Cake: how to prepare a astounding sweet based on hazelnut and egg whites (the favourite sweet of Chef Marcus)
Day 4 (27th): Simplicity (advanced course, vegetarian)
– Fresh Pasta based on white flour or whole flour
– Tomato Sauce: all the tricks in order to make a fantastic one
– Eggplant Cutlets
– Limoncello or Amaretto Tiramisu